||Note: Wait! Stop! Before you copy this actor's definition into your mod, remember the following things:
- You do not need to copy that actor, since it is already defined.
- In fact, it's not just useless, it's actually harmful as it can cause problems.
- If you want to modify it, or use a modified version, using inheritance is the way to go.
- The actor definitions here are put on the wiki for reference purpose only. Learn from them, don't copy them.
- There is only one exception: if what you want is changing Ammo capacity, you need to create a new type from Ammo.
The light amplification goggles works like Heretic's torch by brightening all sector light to 255. In GZDoom and Skulltag, the OpenGL renderer's option of "enhanced light vision mode" turns some actors (monsters and pickups) an inverted white palette as in the effect of the invulnerability sphere, and gives a strong green hue to everything else. If that option is off, or when using the software renderer, the goggle effect is exactly the same as the torch effect.
ACTOR Infrared : PowerupGiver
Inventory.PickupMessage "$GOTVISOR" // "Light Amplification Visor"
PVIS A 6 Bright
PVIS B 6