- AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format)
- ASF (Advanced Systems Format)
- ASX (Advanced Stream Redirector)
- DLS (Downloadable Sound)
- FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) †
- FSB (FMOD Sample Bank)
- IT (Impulse Tracker)
- MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface)
- MOD (module)
- MP2 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 2)
- MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3)
- Ogg Vorbis †
- RAW (Raw audio)
- S3M (Scream Tracker 3)
- VAG (Sony Playstation ADPCM format)
- WAV (Waveform Audio File Format)
- WMA (Windows Media Audio)
- XM (eXtended Module)
†: These formats support using audio loops.
In addition, ZDoom supports additional formats not directly supported by FMOD Ex. These include:
- DMX — The Doom engine's native sound format.
- VOC — format used by many old games.
- Blood SFX — format used by Blood, using a raw PCM lump and an associated but separate header lump, only supported in RFF archives.
Furthermore, ZDoom supports several music formats only for music playback.
ZDoom does not support emulating the PC speaker sound format, however.