SLADE ("SlayeR's Leet-Ass Doom Editor") is an all-purpose editing tool with support for ZDoom editing, developed by SlayeR (now known as sirjuddington). It is in active development, with version 3.1.0 currently available.
SLADE3 offers a range of features for ZDoom modding:
- All SLumpEd features and more
- Preview of all ZDoom font formats
- Support of all ZDoom image formats, including those used by the Hexen and Strife startup lumps
- Support for the ZDoom PNG chunks alPh and grAb
- Edition and conversion of ANIMATED and SWITCHES lumps to ANIMDEFS format
- Support for ZIP archives (only STORE and DEFLATE compression protocols at the moment)
- Full support for TEXTURES in the texture editor
- Support for UDMF as well as both Doom and Hexen binary map formats
Like Doom Builder, SLADE features a DECORATE parser used to obtain relevant information (such as editor number, Radius, Height, Scale, and so on) from custom actors. Additional information can be conveyed with keys in the form of special comments inserted within an actor's declaration block.
See Editor keys for a centralized full list.