||Note: Wait! Stop! Before you copy this actor's definition into your mod, remember the following things:
- You do not need to copy that actor, since it is already defined.
- In fact, it's not just useless, it's actually harmful as it can cause problems.
- If you want to modify it, or use a modified version, using inheritance is the way to go.
- The actor definitions here are put on the wiki for reference purpose only. Learn from them, don't copy them.
- There is only one exception: if what you want is changing Ammo capacity, you need to create a new type from Ammo.
Classes: Actor → AmbientSound → AmbientSoundNoGravity
This thing is used like the AmbientSound thing in the UDMF or Hexen map format, but in addition is not affected by gravity and can therefore be placed at specific heights. It plays an ambient sound determined by its first parameter. The sounds themselves must be defined in SNDINFO. While some ambient sounds are defined in ZDoom.pk3, none of them are actually added to the index of ambient sounds with the $ambient command, so a map using this thing needs a SNDINFO lump.
ACTOR AmbientSoundNoGravity : AmbientSound