The joystick options menu, or controller options menu, allows as expected to change controller-related settings. Its MENUDEF name is JoystickOptions and it can be summoned with the menu_joystick console command.
Most of its content if generated dynamically by the joystick code, depending on the detected hardware. For this reason, this article is incomplete at the moment.
- Enable controller support (Yes/No)
- None of the other settings matter if this is set to "no".
- Enable DirectInput controllers (Yes/No) (Win32 only)
- Enable XInput controllers (Yes/No) (Win32 only)
- XInput is a Windows API geared primarily for Xbox 360 input devices, but also meant as a replacement for DirectInput.
- Enable raw PlayStation 2 adapters (Yes/No) (Win32 only)
- If enabled, ZDoom can communicate with PS2 controllers using its own interface code rather than an API.
When controllers are detected, each gets its own submenu with the following option:
- Overall sensitivity (0.0—2.0, by 0.1 increments)
- Adjusts the movement speed of the cursor as compared to the movement of the actual controller device.
If the controller has configurable axes, each gets a section with the following options:
- Overall sensitivity (0.0—4.0, by 0.1 increments)
- Adjusts the movement speed of the cursor as compared to the movement of the actual controller device on this axis. This is combined with the overall sensitivity of the whole device.
- Invert (Not Inverted/Inverted)
- Allows to invert the direction of the axis, so up-down can become down-up, and left-right can become right-left.
- Dead Zone (0.0—0.9, by 0.05 increments)
- Sets the breadth of the "dead zone" around the center of the axis.