From ZDoom Wiki
- Lines within the player's field of view become marked as visible on the map even if the player is in automap mode
- The default automap function keys (arrow keys, +, -, f, g, etc.) can be modified
- An overlay mode is available
- The automap can be made to rotate so that the top corresponds to the direction the player is facing, rather than north
- The automap can be textured, though this require the presence (or run-time generation) of GL nodes
- The colors for lines and things can be customized freely; it is possible to give different colors to secret lines or different types of things
- The map cheat ("iddt" or equivalent) has a third level, available by typing type am_cheat 3 in the console, which shows the things' bounding boxes as well
- The same cheat can optionally show keys with a different shape than a triangle to make them easier to find
- The AUTOPAGE background from Heretic and Hexen can be disabled
- Additional level information can be shown, such as the current kill/items/secrets tallies
- Lines marked as being hidden can be made to show nonetheless with the am_showalllines console variable
Most of these features can be changed from the dedicated menu or through console variables.
- If on Windows systems the automap lines are thick and blurry, this is because your graphic drivers do not support antialiasing for lines. Set the vid_hwaalines console variable to false for a workaround.