Jump to navigation Jump to search
137:Thing_SpawnNoFog (tid, type, angle, newtid)
- tid: Thing ID of the map spot to spawn the thing at
- type: Type of thing to spawn
- angle: Byte angle for the thing to face
- newtid: TID to give spawned thing
- tid is a number that makes a thing unique, the default is zero, and therefore, a TID is usually set to something else, like 1. In Doom Builder, you have to right-click on a thing, select the “Effects” tab and change the Thing Tag to something besides 0.
- The type is actually from the list of spawn numbers. You can either use the number or the defined name (T_SOMETHING) for clarity.
- When using this special on a linedef or a thing in UDMF, you can use the arg1str property to define a class name instead of the arg1 property to define a spawn number.
- angle is a number between 0–255, representing a byte angle.
- newtid is just a way to make the spawned thing unique if you need to refer to it later. It is just a number.
|Note: This article lists no examples. If you make use of this feature in your own project(s) or know of any basic examples that could be shared, please. This will make it easier to understand for future authors seeking assistance. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.|