178:Thing_ProjectileAimed (tid, type, speed, target, newtid)
- tid: Thing ID of the map spot to spawn the projectile at
- type: Type of projectile to spawn
- When using this special on a linedef or a thing in UDMF, you can use the arg1str property to define a class name instead of the arg1 property to define a spawn number.
- speed: Speed of the projectile in units per 8 tics
- target: Thing ID of the thing you want the projectile fired at
- newtid: TID you want assigned to the spawned projectile (optional)
Spawns a projectile that is fired at a target which can be any thing on the map. Note that this special requires the actor being spawned to have a SpawnID. To spawn an actor without one, use the SpawnProjectile function instead.
tid is a number that makes a thing unique, the default is zero, and therefore a TID is usually set to something else, like 1. In Doom Builder you have to right click on a thing, select the “Effects” tab and change the Thing Tag to something besides 0.
The type is actually from the list of Spawn_numbers. You can either use the number or the defined name (T_SOMETHING) for clarity.
speed is a number between 0–255.
target TID is the same idea as the TID above, to see an example of changing the players TID check out Thing_ChangeTID.
newtid is just a way to make the spawned thing unique if you need to refer to it later. It is just a number.