These are all data lumps you can place in a wad in order to customise various aspects of gameplay.
Plain text lumps
The following lumps use a simple text syntax and can be made in any text editor.
- ALTHUDCF Used to configure the alternate HUD
- ANIMDEFS Used to define texture animations and switches.
- CVARINFO Used to define custom, mod-specific CVARs.
- DECALDEF Used to define and animate decals.
- DECORATE Used to create new things from scratch.
- DEFBINDS Sets default key binds. (New from )
- DEHACKED For modifying existing vanilla Doom things.
- DEHSUPP A special lump that defines what you can change using Dehacked patches. (deprecated)
- DMXGUS Defines GUS patch mapping.
- FSGLOBAL Global FraggleScript lump.
- FONTDEFS Use this lump to create new fonts.
- GAMEINFO Use this lump to define load-time data for a file
- GLDEFS Used to define many OpenGL effects. (OpenGL only: not supported by ZDoom)
- KEYCONF Use this lump to create new key bindings in the options menu.
- LANGUAGE Use this lump to modify or adjust strings.
- LOADACS Use this lump to automatically load ACS objects (even for Doom format maps).
- LOCKDEFS Use this lump to assign keys to locks.
- MAPINFO This lump defines how the game is played, including map settings, map sequences in episodes, Hexen-style hubs, intermission texts, skill settings, and a lot more.
- MENUDEF Used to define custom menus.
- MODELDEF Used to define models. (OpenGL only: not supported by ZDoom)
- MUSINFO Use this lump to define alternate music for maps
- PALVERS Use this lump to define paletted versions of truecolor graphics
- REVERBS Defines reverb environments for use with the SoundEnvironment thing. (Formerly SNDEAX)
- S_SKIN Describes the properties of a custom skin (player sprite).
- SBARINFO Used to create custom status bars without the use of ACS.
- SCRIPTS This lump usually contains ACS source for a map, if it exists.
- SECRETS This lump contains hints for finding secrets in maps.
- SNDINFO Used to create and define the properties of all sounds.
- SNDSEQ This lump creates sound sequences for moving sectors such as doors.
- TEAMINFO Defines custom teams.
- TERRAIN This lump can change various properties of floor textures.
- TEXTCOLO Use this lump to define new text colors.
- TEXTURES ZDoom's advanced texture definition lump, can also define hi-res graphics. (Formerly HIRESTEX)
- TRNSLATE Contains custom translations for use with actors. (development version only)
- VOXELDEF Use this lump to fine-tune voxel support.
- XHAIRS Used to define new crosshairs.
- X11R6RGB Used to define color names.
- ZMAPINFO Alias for MAPINFO. Use ZMAPINFO if you want to avoid breaking compatibility with other ports.
- Intermission scripts Used to animate or specialize intermission backdrops.
- Map arrows Used to define the simple vector graphics used in the automap.
- Map translator Used to provide alternative translation rules for Doom format maps.
These lumps must be compiled by various tools, and offer advanced control of some ZDoom aspects.
- ANIMATED Animations Boom Style.
- BEHAVIOR A compiled ACS script lump.
- GENMIDI Register values for MIDI instruments in OPL emulation.
- SNDCURVE Sound curve lookup tables, originating from Heretic and Hexen.
- SWITCHES Switch textures Boom Style.
- Libraries Libraries can be used to allow a certain set of ACS functions to be used on any map.
- DIALOGUE A built-in conversation system.
- TEXTURE1 and TEXTURE2 Doom's original texture definition lump.
- TITLEMAP A map which can be used as a replacement for the title screen.
These lumps are image files or ANSI colored text graphics.
- CONBACK Console background, if not supplied TITLEPIC is used instead.
- ENDOOM The special text screen displayed when quitting the game, if the option to display them is turned on.
- TITLEPIC Picture displayed on the title screen if no TITLEMAP is present.
- AUTOPAGE Optional background for the full-screen automap.
- Startup lumps The startup screens used by Heretic, Hexen and Strife.
These lumps are used as markers between lumps to give them special identification or attributes. These are not needed when Using ZIPs as WAD replacement.