174:SendToCommunicator (voc_id, front_only, identify, nolog)
- voc_id: VOC lump in which to play and the respective LOG lump number.
- front_only: If non-zero, only activate on front side of the line.
- identify: The incoming message to print. If this is 0, "Incoming Message" is printed. If it is 1, "Incoming Message from BlackBird" is printed.
- Custom messages are possible by way of defining them in a LANGUAGE lump. The identifiers of those messages are required to be in the form: TXT_COMM#, where # is a value which corresponds to that set for identify. For instance, setting identify to 7, prints the message identified as TXT_COMM7.
- nolog: If non-zero, the message will not be placed in the objectives popup.
This special will only activate if the player has the communicator in their inventory. It will play the VOC lump with the corresponding number and, assuming nolog is 0, print the LOG lump with the same number to the objectives popup screen.
Conversions from linedef types
The following Doom map format types can be converted as SendToCommunicator: