|Link||Download from Phobus's site|
Phobus' first released wad, it showcases a lot of vanilla Doom style gameplay with a few hints at ZDoom involvement. For the main 21 levels this is largely just jumping and areas which make use of freelook, but for the secret level this includes slopes and particle fountains, plus a decorate monster. The wad also features a CREDMAP (not an official lump) which uses ACS scripting and more DECORATE monsters.
The earlier levels are generally quite amateur and show little more than basic editing skills, but play surprisingly well. Later levels are better and better, with maps 18, 19, 20 and 21 being larger, more aesthetically pleasing, more complex and generally better.
- 23 maps (21 main levels, a secret map and CREDMAP)
- A MAPINFO driven storyline
- New TITLEPIC and INTERPIC
- Decorate monster (the Armoured Baron) plus other uses of decorate
- Minor use of ZDoom features throughout the series
- "Old school" gameplay for the most part
Suitable for single play, although co-op and deathmatch starts are included for up to 4 players in every map, it was never really intended. All levels completable from a pistol start.
DEU2, Doom Builder, MSPaint and XWE
More info and more screenshots are available on Phobus' webpage for Scourge, linked below.