||Note: Wait! Stop! Before you copy this actor's definition into your mod, remember the following things:
- You do not need to copy that actor, since it is already defined.
- In fact, it's not just useless, it's actually harmful as it can cause problems.
- If you want to modify it, or use a modified version, using inheritance is the way to go.
- The actor definitions here are put on the wiki for reference purpose only. Learn from them, don't copy them.
- There is only one exception: if what you want is changing Ammo capacity, you need to create a new type from Ammo.
Ettins are big, brawny, brown bicephalous beasties that are one of the most often encountered enemy in Hexen. They have no ranged attack and no special power, making them the weakest monsters of Korax's horde. Along with afrits and centaurs, they are often spawned periodically through ACS to prevent a map from being empty for too long; which can make them quite annoying after a while.
Ettins and centaurs, when hurt by a poison cloud or by a mage's arc of death, emit the funny "puppy beat" sound.
ETTN AA 10 A_Look
ETTN ABCD 5 A_Chase
ETTN H 7 A_Pain
ETTN EF 6 A_FaceTarget
ETTN G 8 A_CustomMeleeAttack(random[EttinAttack](1, 8)*2)
ETTN IJ 4
ETTN K 4 A_Scream
ETTN L 4 A_NoBlocking
ETTN M 4 A_QueueCorpse
ETTN NOP 4
ETTN Q -1
ETTB A 4
ETTB B 4 A_NoBlocking
ETTB C 4 A_SpawnItemEx("EttinMace", 0, 0, 8.5, random[DropMace](-128, 127)*0.03125,
random[DropMace](-128, 127)*0.03125, 10+random[DropMace](0, 255)*0.015625, 0,
ETTB D 4 A_Scream
ETTB E 4 A_QueueCorpse
ETTB FGHIJK 4
ETTB L -1
ETTN R 5 A_FreezeDeath
ETTN R 1 A_FreezeDeathChunks