A_SpawnParticle (color color1 [, int flags [, int lifetime [, float size [, float angle [, float xoff [, float yoff [, float zoff [, float velx [, float vely [, float velz [, float accelx [, float accely [, float accelz [, float startalphaf [, float fadestepf [, float sizestep]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]])
Spawns a single particle.
- color1: The color of the particles. Can be used with a hexadecimal value or a predefined value such as "Black".
- flags: Can be combined with the | symbol.
- SPF_FULLBRIGHT makes the particle full bright.
- SPF_RELATIVE encapsulates the following flags:
- SPF_RELPOS: Position is relative to angle.
- SPF_RELVEL: Velocity is relative to angle.
- SPF_RELACCEL: Acceleration is relative to angle.
- SPF_RELANG: Add caller's angle to angle parameter for relativity
- SPF_NOTIMEFREEZE: Particles spawned with this flag will not be affected by the time freeze powerup or cheat.
- lifetime: The lifetime of the particle in tics. Default is 35.
- size: Size of the particle. Default is 1.
- angle: The angle to offset the particles by. Default is 0.
- x/yoff: Distance from the actor to spawn along the X axis. Note that this is not relative. Default is 0.
- zoff: How high up to spawn from the actor's Z position. Default is 0.
- velx/y/z: Velocity along the X/Y/Z axis. This is in absolute direction, not relative. Default is 0.
- accelx/y/z: Defines how much to accelerate this particle by over its lifespan. Default is 0.
- startalphaf: Specifies the alpha upon spawning. Default is 1.0.
- fadestepf: The amount the particle fades each tic. The particle is automatically removed early if it fades completely before lifetime expires. -1 indicates automatic (a complete fadeout over the length of lifetime). Default is -1.
- sizestep: Particles will grow or shrink in size by this amount per tic.
|Note: This article lists no examples. If you make use of this feature in your own project(s) or know of any basic examples that could be shared, please. This will make it easier to understand for future authors seeking assistance. Your contibutions are greatly appreciated.|