void A_PainAttack [(class<Actor> spawntype [, double addangle [, int flags [, int limit )]]]]
void A_DualPainAttack [(class<Actor> spawntype)]
If the calling actor is massacred, the functions do nothing.
- spawntype: The type of actor to spawn. Default is "LostSoul".
- addangle: The angle at which the spawned actor is projected. Default is 0.
- flags: The following flags can be combined by using the | character between the constant names:
- PAF_NOSKULLATTACK — No skull attack: The spawned actor will not immediately call A_SkullAttack as it normally would.
- PAF_AIMFACING — Aim with current facing: The calling actor will not call A_FaceTarget before spawning the monster.
- PAF_NOTARGET — No target: The spawned actor will not adopt the calling actor's target as its own.
- limit: Spawning the given actor will fail if there are already that many on the map. 0 is unlimited. If compat_limitpain is on and this is less than 0, the limit is set to 21, otherwise it is unlimited. Default is -1.
This example is taken straight from Doom's Pain Elemental.
Missile: PAIN DE 5 A_FaceTarget PAIN F 5 bright A_FaceTarget PAIN F 0 bright A_PainAttack // See LostSoul goto See