A_FaceTracer [(float max_turn [, float max_pitch [, float ang_offset [, float pitch_offset [, int flags [, float z_add]]]]])]
Changes the calling actor's angle to face its current tracer. The tracer field can be set by spawning with A_SpawnItemEx.
- angle: If specified, then the calling actor cannot turn by more than said angle. (A value of 0 is interpreted as unlimited angle.) However, the SHADOW flag has no effect in such case.
- pitch: If specified to a value no greater than 180, then the calling actor's pitch is adjusted up to said value to face its current tracer. (A value of 0 is interpreted as unlimited angle; and technically a pitch change will never be greater than 180 degrees.) By default this is 270, which means its disabled. It will also aim at the actor's feet when set to 0.
- ang_offset: Specifies the amount of degrees to offset the actor's angle. This is factored in after max_turn (otherwise known as angle) is performed. Note that it works just like A_SetAngle's parameter -- positive values will turn it left, negative values will turn it right. This does not factor in distance due to limitations.
- pitch_offset: Adjusts pitch by this many degrees after max_pitch (also known as just pitch) has been taken into account.
- flags: These may be combined by using the "|" character (without the quotes (")). Note that all of these flags are taken into account first before anything else.
- FAF_BOTTOM - Aim for the bottom of the victim, otherwise known as the raw Z position. Whenever max pitch is taken into account, it will aim towards the actor's feet + 32 units above. This flag disables adding that 32 units.
- FAF_MIDDLE - Aim for the middle of the victim (z position + height / 2).
- FAF_TOP - Aim for the top of the victim (z position + height).
- z_add: Offsets the z position distance of the tracer by this number. Unlike pitch_offset, this takes into account how far away the actor is at all times.
This function can cause homing projectiles to face their targets at all times.
Spawn: BALL A 4 A_FaceTracer BALL B 4 A_SeekerMissile(5, 10) loop