223:Scroll_Floor (tag, scrollbits, type, x-move, y-move)
223:Scroll_Floor (tag, x-move, y-move, type)
This special takes 5 arguments when placed on a line, but 4 arguments when used in a script.
- tag: tag of affected sector
- scrollbits: how the scrolling speed is determined (see below)
- type: set to 0 to scroll the floor texture. A setting of 1 pushes objects along the floor without scrolling the texture. 2 does both. When using it in a script, definitions exist for the type field to allow easier readability.
- SCROLL — Scrolls the floor
- CARRY — Moves objects without scrolling
- SCROLL_AND_CARRY — Does both
- x-move/y-move: how quickly and in what directions to scroll.
- scrollbits: Selects the type of scroller and how the speed and angle is determined. (Only when placed on a line)
- bit 0(1): Displacement scroller
- bit 1(2): Accelerative scroller
- bit 2(4): Use this linedef to get dx and dy
Scroll_Floor can also only scroll the flat, only carry objects, or scroll and carry objects depending on what the type argument is set to. x-move and y-move are only used if scrollbits does not indicate to use the linedef to determine the scroll rate. When placed on a line, 128 is subtracted from these values to determine the actual direction and rate of scroll. (So 128 would be no scroll.) When used in a script, positive values move north/east, while negative values move south/west.
|Note: This article lists no examples. If you make use of this feature in your own project(s) or know of any basic examples that could be shared, please. This will make it easier to understand for future authors seeking assistance. Your contibutions are greatly appreciated.|