14:Door_Animated (tag, speed, delay, lock)
- tag: Tag of affected sector
- speed: Duration of each frame in the door animation, in tics
- delay: Tics until door closes
- lock: Required key (See Key types)
Opens the affected sector like a door, but instead of raising the ceiling visibly, it instantly raises the ceiling and then plays a texture animation on the front sides of the door sector. This is used by ZDoom to manage Strife's animated doors.
There are a few limitations to observe:
- The sector must be set up like a normal door, that is, its ceiling height should be equal to its floor height.
- The texture to be used must be defined in the ANIMDEFS lump.
- The door sector may only have 2 sides which face another sector.
- Those 2 sides must have the same texture.
Here is an example of ANIMDEFS definition for a Strife door:
animateddoor SIGLDR01 opensound DoorOpenLargeMetal closesound DoorCloseLargeMetal pic SIGLDR01 pic SIGLDR02 pic SIGLDR03 pic SIGLDR04 pic SIGLDR05 pic SIGLDR06 pic SIGLDR07 pic SIGLDR08
The Strife linetypes 144 and 207 are translated to this:
Door_Animated (0, 4, 3*35)