Hellrider v0.9c - Swift Demon Killing! (28-04-21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hellrider v0.9c - Swift Demon Killing! (28-04-21)

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

RastaManGames wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:49 am I am having constant freezes of "GZDoom" on vanilla MAP01 while entering brown room (normally and via free camera mod).
Oh... I even can't find the way to see some logs, since game is dead frozen in moments like this...

UPD: V4.12-Pre were the root of those freezes. Not only mod of version 0.9, but also 0.8 and 0.7 had those freezes too...
I can confirm this. I've actually been having a lot of freezes like that even without using Hellrider, so I'm not sure if it's a problem with GZDoom itself or the mods I use being outdated in some way.
kalensar
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by kalensar »

mamaluigisbagel wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:39 pm

I can confirm this. I've actually been having a lot of freezes like that even without using Hellrider, so I'm not sure if it's a problem with GZDoom itself or the mods I use being outdated in some way.
I can;t say the same at all. One funny oddity of just testing was I had better results using OpenGL rather than GLES on GZD4.11.3. Made me laugh pretty hard since I usually use GLES for most playing.
mamaluigisbagel
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

kalensar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:03 pm I can;t say the same at all. One funny oddity of just testing was I had better results using OpenGL rather than GLES on GZD4.11.3. Made me laugh pretty hard since I usually use GLES for most playing.
tbf I use 4.12-pre of GZDoom because some mods I have require it, and I tested both OpenGL AND Vulkan. Both result in the game freezing rather quickly. I've only had Hellrider and Naku-Naru freeze on me, but it happens almost everytime I play Hellrider, while the other rarely freezes.
TolgaKerem07
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by TolgaKerem07 »

A fun mod, well done

I want to suggest a few things.

1- Using SSG seems a bit strange to me. There is no option to fire both barrels by left-clicking, and I do not want to zoom in when I want to do this. Also it doesn't refill automatically, I have to press left button or r key again every time and that's a bit annoying

2- The gun with unlimited ammo seems a bit op to me, can you add a disable option?

3- I think chainsaw and melee options will be nice
alyxander

Post by alyxander »

Endie escribió:
> I have a question, I want to play the mod but I see the page and I can't find the download link. Do I have to do something else to install it?
Last edited by alyxander on Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalensar
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21

Post by kalensar »

alyxander wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:23 pm Endie escribió:
> I have a question, I want to play the mod but I see the page and I can't find the download link. Do I have to do something else to install it?
I just looked it over and the main OP is nuked on images and stuff so it was a bit hard to find the DL link. ANyways, here it is.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ykH3Ne ... sp=sharing
Grimthwacker
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Grimthwacker »

This is a really good mod, one that I use quite frequently. I know the author's working on something else now but I'd like to at least see a full v1.0 release at some point.
Psi7

Post by Psi7 »

I can confirm that version 4.12.1 of GZDoom also freezes a lot with this mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”