Embers Of Armageddon

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
OverDriver05
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by OverDriver05 »

Is Embers of Armageddon compatible with Delta Touch?
Alamo985

Post by Alamo985 »

OverDriver05 wrote:Is Embers of Armageddon compatible with Delta Touch?
As a both PC Doomer and Delta Touch Doomer, it's worked well with some setting tweaks.
DymitrKharitonov

Post by DymitrKharitonov »

Okay
Last edited by DymitrKharitonov on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linz

Post by Linz »

You won't be finding your answers here unfortunately
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Hello guys, sorry for not reporting here for the longest time.

Mod's not dead, but I got plenty of stuff happening behind the scenes. Mod links are gonna take a while to upload since I need to find a new place to host my pictures (since something changed between ModDB and the ZDoom Forums making it impossible to save changes, meaning I can't properly update ANYTHING). From there, I'll also need to restructure my download link infrastructure to better streamline download availability.

Just letting you guys know there's more to come in the near future. I hope I can deploy it soon!

Stay tuned, Slayers! :D
Nimlouth

Post by Nimlouth »

Hey, first of all let me tell you that this is just NUTS! It's so good! My gf saw me playtesting this and told me "Hey, you managed to make DOOM run on that potato PC!" and then stared in disbelief as she realised it was not ACTUAL DOOM 2016 haha. Super great work.

Now, I have a few suggestions/requests/things to say about the mod.

I've been experimenting in SLADE to make D4V "compatible" with EoA. Mostly I just want the monsters as I think they are perfect for EoA (sprites and visuals and also behaviour). I deleted the custom weapons and power ups in the Decorate file of D4V so they don't conflict with EoA, but that's just dirty editing and I was wondering if making a "standalone D4V monsters" addon would be too difficult. Maybe they can be edited a little bit further to match EoA's balance too? I'm aware someone ported the D4T monsters to EoA but they are not quite as good/consistent as the D4V ones for my tastes.

Also, I tend to play on really low screen resolution scales because of the performance boost and dat tasty chunky pixelation retro feeling and I noticed that the UI also scales down, making it just a bit too clunky to use since it's made for high res. Would it be possible to, idk, make (or edit) a custom HUD addon that's more pixel-friendly?

Take everything I request here as a "I'm willing to make these things myself if someone guides me on how-to", I know you have your hands full and tbh I'm sooooo happy with the current state of EoA, just wanted to give my input <3

Thanks for all of the awesomeness!

Also here's a little vid demo showcasing D4V + EoA in Valian Vaccinated that I recorded on my potato PC haha.

https://youtu.be/Sztp-4AGgrA
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Nice to meet you, Nimlouth. :D

HELL YES, I just updated the images on the front page with new ones that'll stand the test of time! So now I can properly update the front page as I please!

Either way, there's a new update for EOA available (a HUGE one, coding-wise... changes a LOT of things concerning optimization)!

Links on the front page have been updated!
Spoiler: Changelog
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Critical hotfix inbound:
Spoiler: Changelog
64palm
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 64palm »

are you have a version can run on gzdoom 3.8.5 ??
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Not for the longest time, no.

If the newer GZDoom versions aren't doing it for you, try using the latest LZDoom instead. ;)
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Another problem while playing EOA with Sunder Map

Using RMB with HAR Tactical Scope (w/ fully upgrade) cause crashes the game.

Crash Report:
Spoiler:
I think its same crashes as HAR Micro Missile before and now its Tactical Scope.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Hi

Are the links on the first post the latest version of EoA ? (the version on moddb is a different size)

And I wonder if there's a option to turn on manual reloading ?

And lastly , would it be possible to use monster-only mods alongside with EoA ?

Thanks and best regards
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

YasuoProjectX wrote:Another problem while playing EOA with Sunder Map

Using RMB with HAR Tactical Scope (w/ fully upgrade) cause crashes the game.

Crash Report:
Spoiler:
I think its same crashes as HAR Micro Missile before and now its Tactical Scope.
Lemme guess... you were using custom monsters?
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Hi

Are the links on the first post the latest version of EoA ? (the version on moddb is a different size)

And I wonder if there's a option to turn on manual reloading ?

And lastly , would it be possible to use monster-only mods alongside with EoA ?

Thanks and best regards
I haven't updated this thread in the longest time. I've released new versions and hadn't had the time to properly update everything everywhere due to IRL shite. :(

Hopefully I'll get around to that stuff soon.
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

Thanks for making such a great mod. Loving it.

If you don't mind though, I have a question about a specific issue with EOA that I just can't figure out. Unlike vanilla levels or other mods, whenever I play EOA the player always falls back to the pistol when the weapon he is firing is empty, despite having a full roster of weapons with fully stocked ammo. This is obviously handicapping my play.

Would you be able to assess what may be causing this problem? At first I thought it might be a gzdoom setting, but I've digged through it all and can't find anything that leads to this.

I know you have a Discord, but I'm unable to access that platform, so I really have to ask here.

I'd love to solve this on my own (I tried), but I don't know if it's the EOA code or anything else. I have not seen this issue reported anywhere. I've tried all versions, including up to the 1.9.3 hotfix.

No, I'm not using any other mods, fyi.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you may have.

Have a good day.

update 14/08:
So, I've been digging as deep as possible for someone new like me, and meanwhile the EOA code is a tiny little bit more clear to me. I've managed to more or less see which pieces of code are involved (in "EOA Code.pk3"). With the help of the Wiki, I know a little bit now about DECORATE functions like A_WeaponReady and A_SelectWeapon. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about ZScript to understand the code of the weapons, especially what's in the Select: and Deselect: states for the weapon actors and their base actor class ("EOA_Weapon"). I've checked if SWF_SELECTPRIORITY is 1 and I've added a ton of Console.Printf statements to understand the flow and so on. I'm however still struggling with everything. I just cannot find which statement is actually causing the A_SelectWeapon to result in the Pistol when my gun is empty. It always goes from <gun> DESELECT STATE to <Pistol> SELECT STATE.

I see there is also a " EOA_InteractWeapon : EOA_Weapon" class involved, and this is where I'm really not understanding what is happening with Invoker.ReselectWeapon and Invoker.ActualReselectWeapon statement.

Anyhow, I'm not really expecting a reply anymore from you or anytime soon as I heard on recent EOA Youtube videos that you're stopping? Not sure if I understood that correctly, if so what a shame :-/.

Perhaps somebody else would be so kind to help me out with this?

My problem is basically: gun is empty (0 ammo on HUD), left mouse click to fire empty gun, pistol is shown, instead of highest prio weapon with ammo > 0. Only happens with EOA (actually also with EOA Eternal).
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

doomzie wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:51 am Thanks for making such a great mod. Loving it.

If you don't mind though, I have a question about a specific issue with EOA that I just can't figure out. Unlike vanilla levels or other mods, whenever I play EOA the player always falls back to the pistol when the weapon he is firing is empty, despite having a full roster of weapons with fully stocked ammo. This is obviously handicapping my play.

Would you be able to assess what may be causing this problem? At first I thought it might be a gzdoom setting, but I've digged through it all and can't find anything that leads to this.
The long and short of this is that I've not set up a different weapon that'd be more suitable for this situation. It defaults to the pistol, and I've not determined if it should always go to another weapon or if it should switch to the next weapon.

I hope this answers your question. ;)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”