Gofundme fundraiser

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Darklord328
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Gofundme fundraiser

Post by Darklord328 »

like a couple of days ago, there has been earthquakes here in the northeastern massachusetts, and luckily i didn't feel it, parts of massachusetts did feel it, and who knows, a natural disaster might come here in massachusetts and there will be no power, if anyone can donate any amount, it would be greatly appreciated here is a couple of links that was hit in new jersey and new york city. and it is alarming, to me at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfsHU6gi9OY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyh_h-VcTX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z-tSxL0uz0

who knows when or if the electricity does go out. its better to be prepared during an outage yes it was a 4.8 magnitude quake and followed by aftershocks and it did damage buildings and homes and even tilted the houses. even a hurricane is a natural disaster, and the electricity could be out for days or weeks. youtube should tell you something.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/zedzq-andrew-smith heres the link for the gofundme its better late than ever if you know what i mean. more information is in this link as well. thank you in advanced.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Gofundme fundraiser

Post by ramon.dexter »

Begging for money to buy something for yourself?
What about you did it like your parensts did it? Save money and buy it after saving desired amount. I know it's not instant, but that's how it works.

Buut, if you want something to keep your electronics running for a longer time than couple of hours (don't believe this expensive battery will keep you running longer than couple of hours), just go but a classic gas generator. Waaay cheaper, gives waaay more power and can keep your electronics running for days.

https://www.amazon.com/gas-generator/s?k=gas+generator

Let me make you a conclusion on how long will the expensive battery keep your electronics running. So, I got a steamdeck (45W), lenovo laptop (300W), phone (20W), you're mentioning a fridge (200w at least). So, together it takes 565W per hour. This expensive battery holds 1800W, so this small example load will drain it in 3 hours. Pretty short for 5000 dollars, don't you think?

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-SUA2000iV ... 373&sr=8-3
This small generator will keep you running for days. You can have four of these bois for your 5000 bucks for this funny battery.
Darklord328

Post by Darklord328 »

so, i forgot to elaborate on something, im most likely NOT going to use it for a fridge and or something like that, more so a desktop computer, and this is my FIRST ever gofundme i've created, and yes, i should've been careful. and my amazon account got hacked and i don't think i can recover the account. with the solar panels it'll be free energy. gas generator does tend to make noise, i should've elaborated in the story of that as well for a desktop computer. that uses only 35 to 66 watts of power. this will give me like 20 hours or so power, the gas generator has a modified sinewave and its not good. i did mention a fridge. and here in massachusetts, the gas prices are ridiculous. like 3.09 per gallon. the bluetti can be controlled via a phone can be charged with solar car and or grid power. most so, i would go after this.

if there is any advice for the gofundme, please, im all ears.

and no, im not buying it for myself, im getting it for the entire family <- i did forget to mention this. cause at times, the electricity does go out, last summer a big bolt of lightning did strike the wire, and the electricity was knocked out for 3 and a half hours. so i would like to get prepared as well, this bluetti will keep the fridges online even if the power is out.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

3.09 for a gallon is cheap. Let me introduce you to real world prices. So, I got payed $900 per month. Gas costs here in czechia around $6.39 per gallon, yet I consider gas generator a viable option, because it can easily power my whole house for while day on single fillup. Battery? Funny.

Geez, 3.09 per gallon is not expensive in any way. You american should really visit outside world more.
Darklord328

Post by Darklord328 »

$3.09USD isn't cheap, $1.85USD WAS cheap even as low at $1.00USD per gallon those were the old days when the gas prices was cheap in my state, and to me, thats quite expensive the 3.09. in anyway, and Some of the gas stations are fluctuating the prices to say the least. and for a vehicle that i have it almost gets to $100.00. and if the gas prices were lowered. then most likely it would be like $50.00USD or so dollars in my state. i still consider that the gas prices are expensive were im at.. and $6.39 IS WAY TO EXPENSIVE. i would just get a tesla car, and just charge that up rather paying 6.39 per gallon in your state. plus the rent over here is over $2,000USD in massachusetts previously it was $800USD which was considered good. but because covid hit the rent is damn sky high. still is to this day... and i do have a family of 4 as well.

Edit: i've seen gas prices which was 2.85 per gallion, and thats considered ok.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Dude, you are just funny. Get a tesla car? So, my present car is 20 years old skoda, when I bought it 10 years ago, it costed around 90000czk (~$3900). Get a tesla? Funny. Teslas here in czechia are amongst the most expensive cars, generally electric cars cost a ton more that gasoline cars. So, basic tesla model s costs here $100000. Completely out of my financial possibilities. Again, my monthly wage is around $900, so annual wage is $10800. So I would have to save my annual wage for 10 years to but a tesla, not mentioning that I got to pay fees and eat...so the real saving time woulb be really 20 years...

So, please, get back to earth. You got dead cheap gasoline, you get dead cheap propane gas, anything. If you want to power whole house, gasoline generator IS a viable option. Did you know there are generators designed specifically to power electronics? I have two of these and can run anything on them. Yes, they are loud. But when the electricity is out, or there happens some other disaster, loud generator is the last thing that bothers me.

You know, when thinking about SHTF situations, you should think outside the box.
Darklord328

Re: getting upset

Post by Darklord328 »

you are straight up agitating me now, all i was looking for was someone to donate to me. i even updated the information into it, and NO im not buying a gas generator. and NO the gas prices are not cheap. some of my friends said if the gas prices was over $5.00 then some of them would ride bikes instead of going out for a drive.. So the gas prices are not cheap. for you yea, to me? no. even as if the gas prices was cheap 3.09, i still consider them to be expensive..... :evil:

Edit: whether you wither this storm and if the electricity was out, and you put in a gas generator outside during monsoon/hurricanes seasons and if the electricity is out days on end, and put a gas generator outside, MOST LIKELY people may steal it. and i don't like things being stolen, even though its my property.. :roll:
R4L
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by R4L »

I donated to a few GoFundMe's in recent memory, one being for Laz Rojas, who suffered a pretty insane series of events. He needed the help. Furthermore, he's widely respected in the Doom community and has been for quite some time. It was a no brainer.

While I'm usually happy to support a GoFundMe given the correct circumstances, I feel this one is not right or rather doesn't really get the right message across. If you were dealing with an actual emergency then maybe, but nothing in your posts or GoFundMe suggest otherwise. You are asking for donations based on something that may or may not happen. I live in Upstate NY and I can count on one hand how many earthquakes we've had, let alone ones that measured 4.8.

Ramon, while I agree with you, there are better ways to get your point across. This is like the 4th post of yours that's been reported. Next time is going to be a warning.

I'm going to lock this topic.

Return to “Off-Topic”