[4.11]: Seems like if a map/mod provides "infinite ammo weapon", I can't fire it.

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
guest_240314

[4.11]: Seems like if a map/mod provides "infinite ammo weapon", I can't fire it.

Post by guest_240314 »

I delete "gzdoom.ini", grab gzdoom-4-11-3.a.-Windows-64bit.zip (same with gzdoom-4-11-0-Windows-64bit.zip), unpack, run
gzdoom.exe -file boscp.zip
start a game, then just noclip to a pedestal with infinite rocket launcher, grab it, fire it -- and no rockets/projectiles are fired, just kind of puff-like animation (and no monsters hurt of course)

If the above is done using gzdoom-4-10-0-Windows-64bit.zip, then everything works as expected.

A couple weeks ago I saw the same issue with "grapesoda.zip" and its "pink lemonade BFG" or whatever it's called, then thought the map is broken and didn't investigate. Now it looks like a systematic issue. I'm new to reporting a bug here, sorry if anything is wrong, or it' a known issue, but I can't find similar reports at 1st glance.
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [4.11]: Seems like if a map/mod provides "infinite ammo weapon", I can't fire it.

Post by Player701 »

This seems to be a DEHACKED-related issue. I could reproduce it in GZDoom 4.11.3, but everything seems to work correctly again in GZDoom g4.12pre-469-gb1f53e7eb.

If possible, could you please check if it works for you in the latest devbuild too?
guest_240314

Re: [4.11]: Seems like if a map/mod provides "infinite ammo weapon", I can't fire it.

Post by guest_240314 »

I can confirm, both maps mentioned now work OK with the latest "471" build. Thank you!

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”